Jan 31 - Feb 5


Advertisement
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys!

We had a change of travel plans. Although we were all having a great time at La tortuga, we decided to leave the project early and come back for the last two weeks of our trip when the the work would actually involve turtles. So anyways, we left early thursday morning and arrived in Puerto Limon before taking a cab to a national park in Cahuita with a lot of wildlife and a nice beach. Lindsay hurt her foot getting off a bunkbed but still managed to do a 7km hike. The girls were attacked by a couple of capuchin monkeys, but they survived. We took a bus into a nice surfer town Puerto Viejo that night. Lindsay was in a lot of pain with her foot so we decided to take her to a doctor the next day. David took Lindsay back to Limon to the nearest hospital while Ben and Maja rented bikes for the day. The hospital was a whole day event, with waits and lines and the language barrier. At the end of it all, we found out that she broke a bone in her foot between the knuckles of her big and second biggest toes. ouch! she didnt get a cast though, and shes really doing great with all the walking and activities we do. We crossed into Panama and took a boat trip to the island town of Bocas Del Toro where weve spent the last 4 days. We lucked out with timing as we are here for Carnival and its been a huge party. Tonight is the last night, and apparently the big night so were excited. Yesterday we took a boat tour where we saw dolphins, went snorkeling and stopped at the beautiful red frog beach, aptly named for the little poison dart frogs you can see there. Were down two cameras, because Bens got water in it and Dave dropped his on a rock. Some of us are feeling a little bit under the weather after a night at the bar, but we should be able to stagger to the beach before noon. Jealous?

Tomorrow we will leave Bocas del Toro and head across Panama to the towns of Boquete and David before heading up the Pacific coast.

Stay tuned...

Advertisement



9th February 2008

hang in there...Lindsay-we all Love you1
You guyz...I almost cried when read about Lindsays' foot! Omigod! I broke my baby metatarsal in High School...Lindz when I was dancing on stage! And I had a cast from the knee down as a pom pom girl on my stool during the football games! I know you are not having a piece of cake like I did...so be careful-I hope you get it casted or supported with a temporary cast...Ohmigosh! And Caputins...like in Jumanji? Ohmigod...they were all over tourists at a Hotel somewhere in Africa...I hope you girlz are OKAY!!!You got shots...Right?! Well. I just thought I would look this morning, it is Saturday...and yes...we miss you guys! Every time we look at the 'Beast" we smile...though she brings us a lot of joy just having her parked in front...it was really the nicest gift you could have given us! Funny...Huh?! Its the little things that mean so much. Well what else, omigod it is gorgeous outside right now, I keep bringing the patio chair pads in and out, it is raining and then it is 70 or 75 degrees out! Love you all so much...we're crunching time right now...but we send and hold our love for you all really deep...in our hearts! Be Really Well...And Carpe Diem!!!!!!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb