Yeah mon, our blog is back!


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

OK so we're not exactly travelling through South East Asia this time but thought we'd drop you a few lines to say hello as the blog was welcomed before (and of course we can't be bothered to write any postcards while we're taking it easy!)

So, we've been in Jamaica for a few days now and it's absolutely fab - just what we both hoped for...... rum, reggae and relax (they call it the 3 R's here). The weather is perfect, blazing hot sun everyday, with clear blue sea and long beaches. The hotel is fantastic, with a dozen or so bars and restaurants to choose from, an army of staff who seem to want to do anything to make you smile, and as much food and drink as you can possibly enjoy. The locals are incredibly friendly, and greet you with a "Yeah mon" or "No problem mon" at every opportunity. Everywhere you go, Bob Marley is blaring out and the whole atmosphere is one of happiness and no worries.

For us this holiday is a little bit different, in our 6 years of "togetherness" (ahh! we hear you say!), this is the first
Our perfect beachOur perfect beachOur perfect beach

Close to the Jerk Chicken Hut
time we've spent a whole week at one hotel doing 'normal' holiday stuff. That said, we have been out and found some of the great attractions on the island and decided we had to explore them further.......we wanted to hire a car but Chris forgot his licence (and after Sardinian winding mountain roads and Chris in the passenger seat, Jackie refuses to drive abroad anymore!)

On Friday we went a bit further round the coast to Dolphin Cove and swam with the dolphins. This was a truly magical experience, one we will never forget. We spent half a day here with the beautiful creatures, dancing around with them, being pulled around (fast) by holding their fins, being pushed out of the water and best of all (Jackie) got to have a big cuddle with them! We really didn't want to leave, we could have spent a week doing just this!

Today we've just come back from a great day out; spent the morning being rafted down the Martha Brae River - we'd seen this on films and had to try it......a completely chilled experience being gently punted down the river through fantastic scenery, sipping beer and chatting about
Rafting down the Martha Brae RiverRafting down the Martha Brae RiverRafting down the Martha Brae River

A truly chilled experience
all sorts to Sam, our 'Raft Captain' (Sam, if you're reading, thanks for a great morning and the cookery lesson - hope you enjoy the blog!)

This afternoon we climbed up the famous 900 foot Dunn's River Falls. These are huge waterfalls that feed into the sea that you climb up in a long human chain. Chris described it as climbing up a tricky mountain with water gushing at you in all directions. The great thing about this, apart from the amazing scenery, is that it's the type of thing that would never be able to go ahead in England due to health and safety blah blah blah! Unfortunately we can't post any pictures of this here, as they're still on the disposable waterproof camera we bought (if it ever worked at all, we shall see!).

So we came here for a chilled holiday, but reading through this, it might not seem quite so chilled, but we both feel really relaxed and rested. Anyway, neither of us do sitting by the pool every day very well.

Anyway, that's it for now, more cocktails calling....hope you're all keeping well and these photos make for happy reading during the english summer/work.

Catch up with you all later in the week 😊

love C & J



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Our Raft Captain SamOur Raft Captain Sam
Our Raft Captain Sam

The best Raft Captain in the caribbean!
In one of the barsIn one of the bars
In one of the bars

The usual picture - Chris with a beer, jax with a (non alcoholic) cocktail


11th June 2007

the lucky ones
Great to see you both having a relaxing time. Jealous of the dolphin swimming!! See you in a few days time :-)

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb