Day - Last in Jamaica


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our last BreakfastOur last BreakfastOur last Breakfast

I realized we had not taken a picture of the main dining area.
Well, the last day of vacation... sometimes not the best because as they say, 're-entry sucks'.

This was not the case here. I can say that this was a very relaxing vacation, and the last day was a very pleasant good bye to Jamaica. We had fun, we were relaxed, and ready to go home. It was the perfect length of time. We had our last breakfast, and today, instead of heading for the beach to play when done, we headed to meet with our shuttle to the airport at Montego Bay for a 9:00 departure, for a 11:30 airport arrival.

The trip back to the airport was the same road that we took to Ocho Rios. We passed the same villages and landscape. On the trip to Ocho Rios, we were ohhh-ing and ahh-ing the lush green landscapes and blue water when we saw it. We did notice the wide economic spread between the houses we saw people living in. We also noticed the state of many of the houses and businesses. The top floor was not restored on a lot of them, and many were just in various stages of recovery, if any recovery at all was
Road to Montego BayRoad to Montego BayRoad to Montego Bay

A house along the road. One of the homes that looked nicer.
going on. Some looked very nice, but not finished. We wanted to ask someone about this on our trip to Ocho Rios, but forgot after we got there. And of course on the way back, we got to the airport and began the trip through the lines. They went a lot quicker for some reason. I guess they don't care so much for what you haul out (mostly folks had rum in boxes), just what you are bringing in. (Since it took longer to get in than it did to get out.)

Getting home was nice too. The facility was great here, and while lines seemed long, they went quickly. Then out to the shuttle to get to the car, and head home.

Thus ended a great vacation. I am so glad I have two days, the weekend, to return to the normal routine. Server SCSI disk failures, router configs all await, but for this weekend, it is Father's Day, and work can get done starting Monday.

To those of you reading this, I thank you. Thank you James for telling me about this wonderful site to keep up with vacation notes and pictures.

/*EOV (I
A nice home, but in recoveryA nice home, but in recoveryA nice home, but in recovery

A lot of homes looked destroyed from hurricanes I'm sure.
know this is lost on the young crowd, who have read about punched cards)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Homes off the roadHomes off the road
Homes off the road

You probably can't see the detail, but some are complete, others are in various stages of rebuilding.
A contrast.A contrast.
A contrast.

On the left, tin roof, held down by bricks, tin walls, and on the right, a two story home, fence and cars in front.
Another two story.Another two story.
Another two story.

This has tin walls propped up, second floor being repaired or built, laundry hung out to dry, and on the right, a neighbor in the same shape it appears.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb