Much OBLIGEd


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 18/19/20/21st brought Reggae Sumfest to Montego Bay. 2007 was the 15th anniversary and with Mary J Blige on the line up, it looked fairly decent.

Montego Bay is only a 20 minute flight from Kingston so it's an easy weekend destination. The hotel had transfers from the airport so I was whisked away to the Half Moon in no time. Upon checking in, I worked the whole "it's my first time in Jamaica thing" and got an upgrade to a royal suite which was a mini-villa right at the beach! It had it's own pool and a piano, yay! Michelle was staying with me so when she arrived we had Chopsticks all evening and of course we had to ring everyone and play the piano down the phone.

The hotel was beautiful, it's on 400 acres with a golf course, tennis & basketball courts, shopping centre, private beach and a dolphin lagoon.

On Friday night, we went for drinks and headed to Sumfest for around midnight where we saw LL Cool J, Shaggy, Buju Banton and a few others. Shaggy was brilliant, so proud of my landlord, although I might have a word about his orange blazer
path from villa to beach
1 minute from villa to beach!and white shorts combo when he comes to collect the rent during the week.

On Saturday, we just floated on lilos for the entire day. I was convinced I would pass out and wake up in Cuba but the sea was so calm, it was fab. You'd need a nap after all that so we had the disco naps before heading out for dinner in Montego Bay. Mary J Blige was headlining Saturday night and she was really fantastic, sang all the hits. And no Sue, she didn't sing the destroyed sinful version of U2's One thank goodness!

More beach on Sunday, then back to Kingston on Sunday night. Mum & Dad arrive next week so hopefully we'll get a longer blog out of them!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb