Muchas español


Advertisement
Published: December 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Fishing in the lake with my teacherFishing in the lake with my teacherFishing in the lake with my teacher

Local kids fishing in the lake. The football pitch underwater behind was land 5 years previously.
I have been studying spanish for four days now. Five hours a day, one on one, with homework too! It is pretty intense and there is a lot of information to take in in five hours so hopefully it is working on some level. I am living with two other students with a local family. We each have our own room and eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with the family every day. Tortillas are ALWAYS on the menu!! The house is right next to a church and a school and every day the sound of a full congregation singing at full volume can be heard late into the night. The Spanish school is set in a garden with coffee, limes and pomegranates growing all around and many birds, including humming birds fluttering around. There is a fantastic view of the lake from the rooftop terrace and the occasional local boy and his dog running around creating mischief. Yesterday my teacher took me to visit the "chocolate man" who lives on the lake shore. I was lead down a path along the shore past young boys fishing and women washing clothes in the lake into a concrete house with no lights or windows and a young boy, no more than 14 explained the chocolate making process and showed us the newly created batch....80% coco and 20% milk, in 16 different flavours, one cinnamen chocolate bar and one free sample later we headed back to the school to conjugate yet more verbs! After class my maestro switched from spanish to salsa and the school put on a salsa lesson on the terrace.Today was full of more verbs, more tortillas and more beatiful views of the lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Teachers and studentsTeachers and students
Teachers and students

The school is a cooperative and we have bags of food to give to local families in need


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb