Comitan and then Guatemala!


Advertisement
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


So a quick recap on whats been going on!!

Headed from San Cristobal to Comitan on the way to the Guatemalian border. A really nice local town with a community feel to it. We also visited a nearby huge waterfall that was well worth it.

So then it was fairwell to Mexico as we headed to the border. Got through no problems and headed on a chicken bus to Xela. The chicken buses are completely mental, packed to the rafters with stuff on the roof. It got us where we wanted to though and had a night in Xela. I was hoping to get up a volcano in Xela but everything was shut on the Sunday and with generally not a lot going on we thought we would move. First impressions wernt great of Guat. Amazing scenery which the locals cant give a shit about as they through rubbish out the bus window!

From Xela we went to Lake Attilan. Amazing scenery again as volcanoes surround a huge lake. I scaled one of them on one of the days which was hard work but amazing at the top. Met Mike here and went kayaking before heading to Antigua the next day.

Antgiua is Guatemalas top tourist town and it is a great town. Very similar to San Cristobal in Mexico. Spent a day exploring before heading North again towards the jungle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb