Pictures!!


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well I am onto my third week here, and my first teaching classes all by myslef. Its going pretty well so far, i like most of the kids (only a few drive me really crazy) but for the most part they are really sweet and excited to be at school! Last weekend I went to Pacaya, a volcano! After a 2 hour hike we reached the base of the volcano, and it was all sharp'dark rocks leading up to a magnificent peak with molten lava running down it. It was awesome- we ended getting very close to teh lava which was amazing! You could feel teh heat underneath your shoes, and Emmas shoes acutully melted a little bit! Walking down we saw bits of the sunset which was beautiful with Pacaya in the background! It was definitly a memorable event. On sunday we to Chichicastanengo, which is supposed to be the biggest market in central america, but it didnt seem that big to me. It was still really cool though. THey had the most amazing blankets. I was so tempted to buy one, but there huge so itwould be quite difficult to take home with me. I did end up buying a purse, earrings and afew gifts. It was fun barggoning the prices down because they almost always gave in. The down part of that trip was that the highway is being renovated or somehting, so for a good part of the road, there was only one lane open. So each way, we waited for an extra hour just to have a turn on the road. But Sunday night made up for it because we went and had some delicious sushi. So overall it was a good weekend. This weekend we are heading to Lake Attilan whcih is supposed to be amazingly beautiful. We get to bike, kayak and hike, so that should be pretty fun. And the hotel is really nice with HOT showers which i cant wait for. Somtimes i manage to get a hot one in my house, but theres really low pressure if I do. Overall though im having a really great time. The kids are awesome and so enthusiastic about everything.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Paola y DiagoPaola y Diago
Paola y Diago

Paolo is the girl that i live with, and Diago is her cousin who is always over. There really funny and loud. Maybe their only funny because i dont understand what they are saying.
Beautiful babyBeautiful baby
Beautiful baby

On mothers day, all the moms came into our school to play games and eat. Alot of them brought younger kids. They all carry the babies in a blanket wrapped around themselves, its really neat.
Playing Playing
Playing

This little girl was so cute. She took her moms cell phone and was playing with it.
DancingDancing
Dancing

Im dancing with Helen, the granddaughter of Elena who makes our lunch everyday. Its so funny, if you jump around, her head is bobing like crazy, but she loves it
Mosquito Nets.....Mosquito Nets.....
Mosquito Nets.....

We were so excited for these, but all they did was keep all cool air out and let us drown in our own sweat. And they had holes in them.
La Fila por frutaLa Fila por fruta
La Fila por fruta

Everyday during the break at school the kids line up to get some fruit


23rd May 2007

Great photos
Wonderful Laura! Love the pictures and hearing about your adventures!
23rd May 2007

JEALOUS

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb