Taking a bus break


Advertisement
Published: June 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we took a break from traveling when we got to El Salvador. We had previoulsy talked to Amado from couch surfing (www.couchsurfing.com) and he agreed to put us up for the evening and show us around the following day. Amado was yet another really nice couch surfing host (four out of four) He took us to a restaurant that served delicious vegan cusine, we both ate yuca for our first time! mm and delicious plantain (basically bathed in sugarcane and honey syrup) but yummy none the less! Thursday we ventured to the public market in search for a blanket and some food stuffs to take with us on our journey (completly forgetting that fruit is not allowed to cross the border) We got entirely ripped off on banana's, with our lack of spanish excellency skills and the mass confusion bubbling around us in the busy market I quickly accepted the proce of .20 per banana, later we learned that .04 cents is an expencive price to pay!! We decided that this mistake was entirely justified because overall we spent less than we would have in Canada or Ireland.
Bought a blanket.. not the nice Mexican type I had hoped for (maybe on our way back) and the woman selling it tried to convince us that she pays $10 per blanket to her supplier... (we gave her the money for putting on a good show)
Spent the rest of the day sight-seeing with Amado.
After some very late night differenced with our host we fled to the bus station to cath our very long bus to Costa Rica.
See you in Costa Rica!
Ciao

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb