Mad cows and a terrifying drive


Advertisement
Published: August 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The villageThe villageThe village

note the solar panels on the left
Today we took a very scary twisty road to Chalatenango and Igueral. The Igueral Clinic is built by Dr. Iglesias and his group and is very nice. It is powered by solar panels. There were some beautiful views from behind the clinic. While we were driving along a cow started chasing our car! Obviously we were able to outrun it, but it was pretty crazy. Then when we were walking up to the clinic there were a bunch of cows in the road and we had to wait for them to move to get past. There must have been food in our pockets or something since once we got nearer a dog started chasing us! In the clinic we saw a pregnant girl with a DVT and threatened abortion who lives in Chaletenango which is a long drive to the hospital (if you canget a ride) Since her pregnancy is high risk, she should be closer to the hospital, but she has nowhere to stay so she will have to risk it where she is. We met Nelson the health promotor, who was really great. We also met some students who have to walk 1 hour each way to get to their high school.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 57; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb