The most delicious buffet in the world


Advertisement
Published: April 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today after another beautiful walk in the park (check out the pics) we went to La casa de mi Padre again but since all of the kids are on vacation from school this week no one was sick. We said hello to a few of them but most of them were playing video or computer games and didn't really want to play. Since we had nothing to do there, we decided to go to the hospital early. Today we went to the internal medicine hospital which is basically 2 big rooms (one for men, one for women) with no dividers or curtains. We saw a diabetic woman who had developed a huge abcess on her shoulder that had already been surgically drained twice and treated with 4 days of antibiotics, but was still very angry looking. The doctor spent 20 minutes expressing pus out of it, which was really gross to watch and seemed to be very painful for the patient, hopefully it will help it to heal more quickly. We also saw a 14 year old girl with typhoid fever who had been treated and was now recovering.

Because of the holiday there was not a lot of work to do, so we finished early and decided to go to a buffet of typical Salvadorean food that some of the students who were here before us suggested. This was seriously one of the best buffets I've ever had the pleasure of eating. They had tamales with chicken, beans or pork as well as chocolate, caramel, and anise. They also had beans prepared in many different ways, fried yuca, really excellent guacamole, pupusas (the local specialty) and tons of desserts, most of them containing bananas. They also had this really wonderful juice but the really sweet waiter who did a great job of explaining what all of the food was couldn't tell us what was in the juice so we will have to ask Dr. Iglesias tomorrow and hopefully he'll know. But we're stuffed and will definitely sleep well tonight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb