Cuba - nightclub


Advertisement
Cuba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Cuba
January 29th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Dancers or acrobats? 53 secs
Balancing actBalancing actBalancing act

Two girls in the Tropicanna nightclub, Havana
Havana
Tropicanna nightclub. Most from our party dress up in their finest.
After all we have paid £74 each for a ticket.
We expect the best.

It is not to be. We are marshalled to our seats and it quickly becomes obvious that we are not going to see much. In fact some see nothing at all because the view from the way the tables are placed at right angles to the stage allows them to see nothing.

Malcolm quickly susses this out and we get moved so that at least we do have a restricted view. We feel guilty leaving the rest of the party behind but there is now ay that the guide however much he may argue can get a whole party of 50 plus visitors moved. There just isn’t anywhere for them to go.

As for the show, well it looked like something from Hollywood circa 1950s. We had expected, indeed hoped for at that price, to have something akin to a Caribbean version of the Moulin Rouge.

On the coach the guide, a young Cuban man, made the mistake of asking us if we had enjoyed ourselves.

“No.!” yelled the busload of tourists.
“Bloody waste of money!” shouted a vociferous Glaswegian who went on to tell the hapless guide exactly what he thought of the performance.
The rest of the bus echoed his views.

Thomson Dream, to their credit, issued refunds.

I was lucky. I managed to get some interesting video footage, only because I was using a tiny camcorder, smaller than a mobile phone and being small, I managed to squeeze in between two larger people.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb