On To Trinidad


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 21.8, -79.98

Breakfast at 8.30am. Freshly squeezed pineapple, coffee with hot milk. A plate of nicely presented fruit consisting of pineapple, grapefruit, guava, mango and papaya. All followed with toast, bread rolls and a cooked breakfast of bacon, eggs, cheese and sweet potato. We were stuffed!

Just before we left we chatted with the people in the other rooms. They were Cubans who had escaped to the USA at the time of the revolution. They had brought their children who were visiting for the first time. It was pretty emotional for the mother. The father was still in the US. He couldn't bring himself to return.

We set off for Trinidad. A much shorter journey then the day before. We detoured to El Nicho. A set of waterfalls in the mountains. It was an amazing drive through the local towns and villages seeing how the locals live. There was a walk into the hills and a brill pool where Tim had a swim.

After a couple hours at El Nicho we headed for Trinidad. Our hotel is the best yet. Very colonial looking on the outside and more so inside. A welcome cocktail and then shown to our room. The Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad.

We had a quick mooch around the town. It was also the first time we'd found WiFi that worked so fired off a few messages. Good old WhatsApp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb