Return visit


Advertisement
Published: October 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Thanks for visiting!Thanks for visiting!Thanks for visiting!

You're welcome here ANYTIME!
Our friends came back to San Ramon to spend their last night in the country with us, what a pleasure! They arrived mid-afternoon, the women with shopping in mind. We left Bill, Dustin and Bear to amuse themselves while Jesslyn, Manu, Callista and I hit the shops around town.

We had a great time, coming from a non-shopper like me that’s saying something. Callista and I discovered shops we didn’t know existed. She was in heaven when Jesslyn said she wanted to check out shoe stores. Calli has a shoe fetish that isn’t fulfilled with her non shopper mom. In one shop while Jess pondered purchasing the girls tried on over half the shoes on display. What fun they had. Our little town has no less than fifty shoe stores. Costa Rican women do love their shoes.

When we were all shopped out, ok maybe Jesslyn wasn’t but the stores were starting to close so we headed to a predetermined restaurant to meet the guys for dinner. At dinner while Dustin and Bill made friends with a local teacher, Jesslyn filled me in on the details of their trip from the time we left them at the thermal waters near San Carlos.

They had a great time in Costa Rica visiting places we have yet to see. They gave us excellent recommendations of places to stay in Liberia, Tamarindo and Jaco. We’ll probably wait until after this year’s tourist season to head to these areas as we aren’t big crowd people but you never know. As the three of them learned its better not to plan much when you travel in Costa Rica because some places you end up in by accident turn out to be your best spent days. I loved hearing their impressions of places instead of us telling them what we knew. No, we don’t know everything nor do we want to. It’s more fun experiencing and sharing with people than talking at them. If we ever start to sound like know-it-alls please put us in our places!

We were very happy to share our lives with such awesome people who appreciate our new country and its people. Bill enjoyed being able to watch sports with someone who gave a damn. Callista enjoyed EVERYTHING with Emanuelle. I enjoyed the time we spent with all of them them but most of all the time Jesslyn and I spent talking after everyone went to bed their last night. Thank you Jesslyn for sharing yourself with me.

They were kind enough to give us permission to post some of their pictures so later today you’ll be able to view them on our webshots site in the Friends Photos album.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jennifsh0701

Pura Vida!
Jen, Bill, Callista and Bear



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

shoppingshopping
shopping

Future boyfriends beware, these girls like shopping!
Farewell DinnerFarewell Dinner
Farewell Dinner

Thanks again for dinner!
Watching the world seriesWatching the world series
Watching the world series

What a treat for Bill to watch sports with someone who cares.
Driving awayDriving away
Driving away

And then they were gone...from the country but not our hearts. :)


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 78; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb