G Strings at Restaurante Marino Ballena


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 14th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

Enjoyed the cool of the air conditioned room and slept in and had coffee and relaxed until finally getting up and fixing ourselves some nice mango, spinach, cheese quesadillas! Sat at the outside table and visited with a girl from Venezuela and another girl from the Netherlands.

Finally decided to do something useful and worked on uploading pictures and stories since we are continually behind it seems. There is just too much going on every day it seems!

The G-String Cowboys were playing again this evening at the Restaurante Marino Ballena and we were going to enjoy dinner and their music. Walked over to the Restaurante which was across the highway from The Dome. On the way, we noticed there is a new truckstop/restaurant where the long distance buses stop. Will have to do more research to see what the particulars are.

Got to the Restaurante where we were greeted by Shorty. Said they had already played one set but best was yet to come. He was not kidding. They were very good that night and were joined by a harmonica player for one set and Betta on drums for another set.

Had dinner while we listened to their music. The food was very nice and beer cold and nice pour of wine. Betta gave us a ride back to El Tucan and we sat at the bar and had another drink and visited with a couple from the northeastern United States and were heading back to the very cold weather there. All in all a very nice evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb