Monster Iguanas, Beloved Bats, and Baby Monkey


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica
February 12th 2016
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.38945, -84.1347

Had to go back into town to pick up one of Robert's shirts that the laundry man felt needed to be soaked in bleach! It is his kayaking shirt and do not think it will ever come totally clean!

Since we were in town decided to walk over to one of the bridges that cross the quebrada and see what we could see. We were rewarded by some of the largest iguanas we have seen on this trip and possibly ever! They were at least five to six feet long and such interesting colors. Sat and watched them for awhile, and then headed back to the room. Made a salad out of everything that would not travel well for the shuttle ride tomorrow to Uvita. While we were eating our salad, visited with Randy who was eating an orange. Was holding it in his hand. Do not know if a mother squirrel monkey thought he was going to feed her but she came down very close and we were able to see the very tiny baby she had on her back.

Had packed 80% of our things in the cool of the morning so headed up the hill for dinner. On our way up the stairs took some pictures of the bats that hang out above the stairs leading to the outside. There are bat droppings all over the stairs and walls and is not to sanitary but Anita is not going to get rid of them and they do eat mosquitos!

Decided to do something different. On the property where the Mariposa Hotel is located is a place called Fred's. Why not see what it is all about and have a drink there and watch the sunset.
.
Turned out to be our kind of place. Fans, wonderful sunset view, relaxed atmosphere and lots of nice people to visit with. The owner is part of the family that owns the Hotel/Restaurant. Not sure why he has a place separate from the main establishment. Enjoyed the sunset and decided to eat dinner there. Robert had a garlic grilled fish with veggies and Laura had a shrimp salad with some lovely shrimp grilled in garlic. Was a great evening and a great way to end our stay in Manuel Antonio.



Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb