Sunset at Runaway Grille


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.45, -84.15

Finding Casa Buena Vista and sunset at Runaway Grille

Low key morning doing some work on stories and catching up on expenses log. After lunch decided to go and see if we really did know where Casa Buena Vista was and then walk over to Marina Pez Vela and enjoy the sunset at Runaway Grille.

Caught the bus down into town and then the bus that travels down the hill in Manuel Antonio. You can catch the bus for 345 colones from Birds Watching, take a collectivo(private car acting as a taxi)for 500 colones and the same for a real taxi. The bus that runs from the bus station in Quepos down the hill and back is 310 colones each way.

Got off the Manuel Antonio bus where we were 99% sure we were supposed to be goings a gravel and it turned out to be correct! We walked up and down this road every trip we have made to Manuel Antonio because it has a gravel road off the main road that heads down to the beach and we always see lots of birds and even sloths on previous trips.

Could not tell much about Casa Buena Vista from the street but at least we are sure where it is. Walked back to the main road to catch the bus back into town. Walked from town to the Marina and took note of the changes that had happened since we were there last year. The entrance to the Marina shops and restaurants is open and you can walk directly into the Runaway Grille.

Found a place at the bar and took advantage of the happy hour prices for tapas and drinks and enjoyed the sunset while we visited with Eduardo, the friendly bartender. Visited with a man from Syracuse who comes there every year about a variety of topics.

Carter, the harbormaster came in and we bought him a drink in honor of our common friend in San Gerardo de Rivas. Last year when we were at Runaway, we had visited with Carter and found out he has property in San Gerardo de Rivas and we both know a third person who used to live there. Later in the evening he sent a drink our way. It was crowded at the bar and we were not able to get over to talk to him but maybe another evening.

Marina Pez Vela a shuttle service for people that eat at one of the restaurants to take them back to their hotel. Eduardo told us about this and gave us a ticket to get on the shuttle and get back to Birds Watching, gratis. Nice way to end the evening.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb