Bamboo Forest, Whales Tale Mirador


Advertisement
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 9.15446, -83.7423

Another early morning to begin the hike to find the mirador for the Whale's Tale. The hike is pretty much uphill the entire way. You pass through a bamboo forest of very large bamboo. The sounds made by the wind moving through them was very melodic. We stopped and rested in the forest before continuing on up the road. Nice and shady and cool. Got to see a pizote run across the road as we were leaving the bamboo forest.

Continued on our upward journey and the road was getting steadily steeper and steeper. Walked past a place where it appeared you could get down to the river and looked like waterfalls. There was a group of young people who appeared to be rappelling down the waterfall. Lots of instruction at the beginning and then action!

Walked on but getting tired and beginning to hope we were on the correct road! Finally, there it was, the Whale Tale in view. It does look just like a whale tail...imagine that! The tide had not yet covered it up and so we enjoyed it and the view for a few minutes before heading back down the road. Of course downhill is not a cakewalk and there was quite a bit of loose gravel and stones and so you had to be careful where you stepped but down to the bottom we went!



Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb