Costa Rica


Advertisement
Published: May 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

March 5-14, 2010

Travel companions included Larry, Claudine, Rita, Wes, Carly and Jake. We rented an autobus (van) and drove from San Jose to Samara to meet Wes and Rita who had been there for a few weeks taking intensive spanish classes. We stayed there a couple days and then headed to Tamarindo for a night, which is a little north, then onto Arenal which is in the mountains. Arenal has an active volcano and you can get semi-close and listen/watch the rocks fall from the top. Some major activity happened right before we arrived, so not too exciting while we were there, however, we didn't have to run from lava which is good.

From Arenal we headed southwest to a place called Jaco which was sooo much hotter and of course I got burnt because it was too hard to stay out of the pool all day. We ate a lot of fish and meals called consados at the restaurants. The last night was spent in San Jose so we wouldn't miss our flights in case we got stuck in traffic like the first night on the way to Samara. Instead of a 4 hour drive it took about 9 hours due to the only road to Samara having multiple one lane bridges and a bus and semi thought they could pass at the same time and ended up colliding. Smart drivers there...

And now I will attach some photos for your viewing pleasure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

arenal volcanoarenal volcano
arenal volcano

me, jake and carly
the girlsthe girls
the girls

me, claudine, carly and rita


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb