It just gets better and better!


Advertisement
Published: August 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Something happens to you in Costa Rica where you want to do everything the insurance requires extra for! We went white water rafting today and it was brilliant! Not as tough as we thought but way more fun. The instructors were crazy but very good at steering and we hit some big rapids with two near capsizes but luckily no casualties. We saw another sloth and a giant iguana in the trees as we floated down the river. We didn't buy any of these pictures as the water is covering us in most of them and we looked very focused and determined on the rowing!

We then got a bus to San Jose where we had our final dinner as a family which consisted of awards and an emotional farewell to our amazing guide, Phillipa. Scott had the award for best bag-tosser as he helped load the bags on buses and Annie had most polite due to lack of swearing and saying si por favor to everything! We have become a proper family and it will be very strange without them. We've promised we'd meet up with two of the girls from London who we were close with throughout, but all in all we couldn't have asked for a better group of people to travel around Central America with! Pip made us a slideshow of pictures during the trip that she will send us all to remember our 17 days together.

We tried going out with the gang but are too exhausted from rafting and have to get up at 6:30am to go to Manuel Antonio which will be our last stop before the airport hotel Wednesday night.

Adios amigos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th August 2015

Adrenaline Junkies
All the activities of the last few days sound fab! Not surprised you're too tired to party! Enjoy your last few days .... can't wait to see you back now ! Xxxx
11th August 2015

When in Costa Rica
The zip lining was brilliant, then the waterfall rappelling was even better but the rafting yesterday topped it all off! Excellent way to end the trip! It's very strange being on our own again without Pip and the family but we are adjusting! See you Friday! xx
12th August 2015

Down to earth
You guys have grown wings ! And not a can of red bull in sight ! I'm sure xx Gona be there for you on Friday morning xx can't wait to see you xxx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb