Day 33 Bike repair day


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Distance driven today: 112 miles / 180 km

Cumulative distance driven: 7,587 miles / 12,211 km

Today’s trip: Manuel Antonio and back to San Jose, Costa Rica



Motorcycle parts repaired: yes, we got a new clutch handle



Today we rode the short distance from Manuel Antonio and back to the Costa Rican capital of San Jose. I had already called the authorized BMW dealership in San Jose, explained the parts needed, and made an appointment. When I drove in the motorcycle to the service area, a few of the mechanics raised their eyebrows. The bike looked like it definitely needed to be washed, clearly had a few broken and worn parts, a Washington license plate, and extra packing paniers and duffel bags. The most important thing is that the clutch handled has been replaced and adjusted appropriately.



The fog light casing that broke when I dropped the bike in Manuel Antonio, unfortunately wasn’t in stock at the BWM dealership, neither was the rear mud guard. I asked the service technician to give a heads-up to their counterpart in Panama City, where we should be by Thursday, that we are headed their way and what type of parts we will be looking for. If we are lucky enough, the Panama BWM dealership may be able to order the parts we need, or even better, they may have them in stock. I guess that we will find out in due time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb