Reorganising and drinking in San Jose


Advertisement
Published: September 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

DrinkingDrinkingDrinking

One of the only things to do in San Jose.

San Jose


Arriving pretty late into San Jose we called Cristian who finished work at 10pm and said we should eat something then meet in a bar. Doing this we met in a sports bar and after a couple of drinks made it to his house, where the rest of his housemates were just chilling and drinking late into the evening.
The next day was spent sleeping in, washing and planning things for the next couple of weeks. Eventually making it out for food at 3pm we headed to a Japanese fast food place that and then met up with Joe from Chicago and later Miska who were both friends of Cristians. We then had a late party night out in San Jose which was good fun but the club was pretty empty, and made it back to bed at 5am.
Needless to say the next morning was a write off, and again after lunch time Cesar, Miska and I headed out in search of food and activates. We walked around downtown San Jose for a while and then amazingly after days of searching found some flip flops that I both liked and fitted my yam feet. That
PokerPokerPoker

Playing with actual money, the colones make amazing chips.
afternoon was spent by the three of us clearing up the place getting food for dinner and then sitting down playing poker, eating pineapple and drinking cold beer. The Costa Rican Colones make great poker chips as they have large coins with large denominations (25, 50, 100, 500) that aren’t worth a huge amount. This evening passed quickly and merrily with Miska cooking a large Spaghetti Bolanase and then even more poker. After that Ceaser, Joe, Cristian and his housemates went out to a house party whilst Miska and I stayed back for an early morning bus at 8am. The second time I spent in San Jose was good and helped reorganize me for heading north, a little sad leaving behind my travel buddy Cesar who was heading back to San Francisco a couple of days later.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

SmokingSmoking
Smoking

The shisha pipes.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb