Horrible Day


Advertisement
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Got up early this morning to head back to Costa Rica. The mother and two boys were going to the border as well so we all went together. Immigration was terrible and took a very long time to get through. This began a miserable day. Due to the lengthy wait at the border, we missed the bus to Liberia. We did get on a later bus but we missed the last bus that would have taken us to Monteverde for the zip line tour. In the meantime, while we were in Liberia, Talonya was supposed to go on to her next destination but decided to join us for the zip line before we found out it was not possible. While we were talking to the bus personnel about what to do, Latonya´s bag was stolen with her and her two boys´ passports, $200 cash, her amex card, laptop, and camera. She had to file a police report and that took all afternoon/evening. I felt that I needed to stay with her and could not continue on. We were able to catch the last bus out of Liberia for San Jose at 8 PM because that is the only city in Costa Rica that has a US Embassy. Now we are in San Jose and Macayla and I are going on a different zip line tour tomorrow. Does not look like Latonya will be able to leave on her flight Sunday. I feel so bad for her. There was way more to the story than I am going to go into but will discuss later.
Did not get into San Jose until 12:30 AM and it is now 2:21 AM. On my way to a ¨good¨ night sleep.
Heading home Sunday!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0959s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb