Waterslide Picnic


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

WashersWashersWashers

Sorry Moe, it's a half court, illegit version, but it's still fun and the family likes it.

Waterslide Picnic

 Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Quepos By Chris y Nikki
March 18th 2007
Chris and Nikki
Before we left for Playa Hermosa / Punta Mala, our Tico family decided to take everyone to another ranchero for the day. We spent the day playing washers, soccer, eating and of course sliding down the waterslide (tobogán en español).

The highlight of the day was Jamie's head injury when he tried to do a front sommersault (sp?) off the slide. He put his head down at the last second and his forhead knicked a little bump on the slide and split open. Lots of blood, talk of stitches...but it turned out to be pretty shallow, so the owner of the place just cleaned him up and put a butterfly bandage on his head. That should have been the end of it, but not more than 30 minutes later the guys were out playing soccer and Jamie used his head to block a goal - so once again, blood everywhere, and a new butterfly bandage. He has a cool looking lightening (Harry Potter) type scar now.

On the way home we stopped by Katia's brother's place. Huge garden, lots of plants, cookies and coffee. Nice way to end the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

N an NN an N
N an N

Nikki and Natasha - doubles competition
N an N midairN an N midair
N an N midair

Perfect form
IgnasioIgnasio
Ignasio

At first he would only go down the smaller slide on the other side of the pool, but after Nikki and Natasha forced him down the big slide once he couldn't get enough.
Chris surfing the slideChris surfing the slide
Chris surfing the slide

Some of the locals showed us they could slide down standing up, so Jamie and I thought we'd give it a try. What could possibly go wrong?
Venom Cloud SpiderVenom Cloud Spider
Venom Cloud Spider

This was a spider we found in the garden on the way home. When threatened it sprays a cloud of neurotoxin in the air that could kill an elephant 200 yards downwind. I held my breath while I took this photo.
Coffee and CookiesCoffee and Cookies
Coffee and Cookies

(Café y galletas) Notice the bandage on Jamie's forhead.
SunsetSunset
Sunset

What would an entry be like without a sunset on the ocean?


9th April 2007

Ehhh
No you didnt just hold your nose going down the slide hootch lol!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb