hola hola holaaaa!


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

que pasa, mis amigos!

had a great weekend in montezuma and we are back in san jose (alejuela to be exact) to meet up with las chicas here very soon.

last friday we went on our first official tourist tour (haha), a snorkeling trip to the famed isla tortuga. great fun and made a few friends that we hung out with through the weekend. the snorkeling was more out in the ocean (more free diving then actual snorkeling) a few hundred meters out around a big rock reef. lots of fish but visibility wasnt as good as it could be. we spent the remainder of the day on the island and we were treated to calarmari and pilsens by our tour guides. awesome meal! that night our hostel was pretty packed with people and we played a couple drinking/card games with our new friends and went out to a local bar (the only one in town!) and eventually crashed as we were completely wiped out.

saturday we were fortunate enough to catch a ride to malpais with some friends of friends, haha, as they had a rental car and it was much quicker than the local tico bus. santa teresa was the actual location we visited.. not too much there, surf was a bit choppy but poundin big time.. becker got a board and went out for a bit, gnarly current though!

that night there was supposed to be a great bonfire on the beach but a huge storm came through and we pretty much hung around the hostel with all our new friends and watched the storm.. one dad would surely have enjoyed!

yesterday we decided it would be smart to head to san jose, and it took quite awhile because on the other side of the bay after puntarenas was extreeemely dense fog, and we climbed in altitude the closer we got to san jose.. very cool and mystifying but the bus went slow as molasses!

we stayed at a veerrryyy nice hostel last night through this morning here in alejuela.. hot showers, a bar, free (fast!) wifi, the works. from here we head to monteverde for the canopy tours and then to arenal to see the wondrous volcanoes!

things have been awesome and we are really, really enjoying the culture here for sure. carla and nikki join us very soon! ok, I think that´s it, muchos amores y pura vida!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb