Random Pics


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello All - we've fallen behind in blog entries again. We currently have 4 to upload so we're not going to do anything interesting for the next few days.

Here are some miscellaneous photos we took that range from Feb 22 - Mar 3. Pretty much all from school or a hotel we crashed for lunch. Hasta luego!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Newspaper ArticleNewspaper Article
Newspaper Article

This was what we discussed for almost two days straight at school. For those that don't read Spanish, 12 American SENIOR CITIZEN tourists were on a minibus visiting Limon (on the Carribean side) when 3 thugs tried to rob them. They had at least one gun and two knives, but one of the tourists was an ex-marine and snapped the leader's neck while the other two ran away. It was an interesting story and topic for discussion at school. Jennifer was our teacher and we managed to understand the whole discussion in Spanish (with the help of some body language). A Costa Rican Judge determined it was self defense and let the Americans go home the next day.
Frog vs SnakeFrog vs Snake
Frog vs Snake

While we were in "discussion class" - probably discussing the 12 tourists - we heard this THUD nearby. Turns out a snake had tried to eat a pretty big frog and they had both fallen out of a tree. The frog was still alive in this photo and the snake was still trying to eat it. The school instructor, Pedro, said it wasn't a poisoness snake, but it wasn't a constrictor either - it usually just ate things small enough to swallow. The frog on the other hand was poisoness. We didn't see the end of this battle but we were told the next day that the frog eventually got out of the snakes mouth and hopped away.
Si Como NoSi Como No
Si Como No

Si Como No is a hotel we crash on a regular basis. It means "Of course" which was named by the American owner because his lead Tico construction guy always said it when the owner asked him to do something.
Another FrogAnother Frog
Another Frog

This is one of the deadliest frogs in the world. Fortunately it was sleeping or this photo could have been the last thing I ever did. It shoots venom from its eyes! We had to evacuate the school soon afterwards.
Back at Makanda By the SeaBack at Makanda By the Sea
Back at Makanda By the Sea

FYI - I think I spelled Makanda wrong the first time. Anyhoo, here are Nikki and Lisel chillin out on the "floaters".
CalamariCalamari
Calamari

I ordered calamari as a treat thinking it was the sliced, breaded and deep fried kind. Instead I got almost the whole squid stuffed with onions. Mmmmmm, delicioso.
Beer, shade, and tentaclesBeer, shade, and tentacles
Beer, shade, and tentacles

What more can you ask for?


8th March 2007

Awesome!
Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm super jealous, though it's finally starting to be springlike here in KC. Ben just had his 8 month pics taken and they are adorable, as usual. Miss you and can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. Love- Shana, Dave, and Ben PS. Strummer and Lily say hello too. They would have liked to have eaten the frog :->.

Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb