Caribbean beaches


Advertisement
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This was our last adventure in April that I never posted (shame on me).

This is my vote for the best beach town in Costa Rica. The beach isn’t quite as stunning as the Pacific side, but the town itself has a lot of personality and is overall a great hang out!
The trip to Puerto Viejo took us through some of the steepest mountains and heroin roads we had seen. After a 4 hour ride on mostly paved roads we arrived at Cariblue in Playa Cocles (just south of Puerto Viejo). Puerto Viejo has a Caribbean blend of spectacular beaches and a laid back surfer attitude. The place is famous for the Salsa Brava wave that can reach 20 feet. It was only about 2 feet when we saw it. The first night was brutally hot so we quickly switched to a bungalow with A/C (we are wimps). We took it easy hanging out at the beach, watching sloths, and checked out a couple of towns at the Panama border. Grayson was the only one to catch anything while surf fishing. Last but not least….Puerto Viejo has great food. We had one of the best Italian dishes that we have had in any country! The name of the place is La Pecora Nera. I had pumpkin and shrimp stuffed ravioli. It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I get a chance to venture back to this area my first stop will be La Pecora Nera.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb