We Are Here!


Advertisement
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Do-It Center:  A Major Directional MarkerThe Do-It Center:  A Major Directional MarkerThe Do-It Center: A Major Directional Marker

"What's the Do-It Center?" (Nora) "It's where you go to Do It." (Mom) Ewwww...
We have survived the usual 9 hours of travel, all still speaking to each other, and are settled into the house. Picking up the rental car at the airport was quite an experience...no bus, just the rental car guy in the parking lot with Mike trying to communicate that we needed to use his cell phone to call the people at our rental house agency. I finally pulled Kate out of the car to try to use her Spanish to explain that NO, we didn't want his cell phone, we just needed to make a call. It worked. After making sure he wrote down each and every ding and scratch on the sheet, and authorizing a $750 hold for the car, we were on our way.

The house is gorgeous, it's air-conditioned, the pool is great and we saw our first two howler monkeys in the tree on the road into town for dinner. We haven't heard them howling yet, but we probably will early tomorrow morning.

Tapas for dinner, it was great, a little thunderstorm to let us know we're in the tropics and it's early to bed. Surfing for the girls tomorrow in Playa Grande, and we'll probably post some pictures. I'm not feeling particularly witty tonight because I'm too tired. Hasta manana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb