Christmas in Samara


Advertisement
Costa Rica's flag
Central America Caribbean » Costa Rica » Guanacaste » Samara
December 27th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Posted by Megan 12/27

Well, Christmas has come and gone but supposedly the party is just starting. The festival starts today. It looks very interesting... they've been setting up rides and getting ready for this for days. It lasts until January I think. They are going to have a big parade on horses all around Samara - like 30 or so caballeros. Then on the last day of the festival, they are going to ride not only around Samara but supposedly three other nearby towns as well. It should be interesting.

Christmas day was pretty relaxed around here. Everything was open... nothing was shut down. It was just like any other day. John and I and the friends we live with that were in the TEFL class with us went to the beach and surfed. Then we all came home and started preparing food. Our landlady had Christmas dinner for us all and we were all supposed to bring something. I brought salad, pico de gallo, and arepas. It rained cats and dogs while were preparing the food, but stopped by the time we ate. Oh my GOSH there was so much food - we're still eating it. Christina (the landlady) made a lobster salad that was kind of like potato salad with chunks of lobster and an absolutely AMAZING cilantro sauce instead of mustard. I'm going to see if she will teach me how to make it. She said it is pretty easy.

We're going to the festival later today, although we don't exactly know what time it starts. We haven't been very good about taking pictures, but we'll make sure to get some of the festival...





Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb