Calm after the storm


Advertisement
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After eight days of intense and fabulous jungle and cloud forest edventures we are taking it easy.

The Pacific Ocean at our hotel on the northwest coast of Costa Rica is perfect. No cold shock as you reach THAT depth entering the ocean, gentle swells and no rocks – just smooth sand. Aaaahhhh.

Marika is growing fins as she rarely leaves the pool. Will is a regular in the local beach volleyball scene – when we check in with him sometimes it looks like he is playing with Costa Rica’s national team – big muscular athletic types and Will holds his own with his serve.

The swimming pools are endless and replete with fountains and waterfalls. We asked for a mountain facing room and have been rewarded with howler monkey sightings from our room.

Lots and lots and lots of swimming.

To wrap up our trip, tomorrow Will and I go on a looong day trip to Nicaragua, and Kim and Marika will have a big girls day together. Kim heads to Nicaragua Monday and I will enjoy a day with the kids, including a boat and snorkel expedition. (Marika perhaps wisely chose to avoid the 2.5 hour bus ride there, and back again).


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



6th May 2012
Pineapples head to market

Quick. Get in the truck and start driving to Ottawa. Before the guy notices. The neighbours will go CRAZY if you return with a big load of pineapples.
6th May 2012
Marika and Dad in the Pacific

Fins?
Can't wait to see the fins. But I will start worrying if she grows gills.
6th May 2012
Will's beach recliner

Ride em cowboy
Will looks like a big seahorse :)
7th May 2012

Wonderful!
It looks like paradise. Are you sure you want to come home?
8th May 2012

Amazing!
Sounds like "heaps" of fun, as they say here in Australia.
15th May 2012

very very cool adventures!
Wow, you guys sure are having an awesome adventure. I most love the pic of Dad and Marika in the pacific!!!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb