"Preparation Hola!"


Advertisement
Published: January 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ella getting her Hep A shot.Ella getting her Hep A shot.Ella getting her Hep A shot.

Fun family outing to the doctor this morning. 4 people, 6 needles, 30 minutes.
This will be a short update, mostly because I don't want to bore you with ALL the details of packing and preparing. You can think of this as "Preparation Hola" (or "Preparation H", for short).

So, here's a condensed and only mildly boring update on where things are at:


• We leave in 3 days.
• Our suitcases are mostly packed.
• We've limited ourselves to one suitcase and one carry-on per family member. We love travelling light. In addition to the standard clothing and essentials, we'll have our electronics including 4 laptop computers, an iPad, an iPod, 4 unlocked cell phones and an XBox 360. This will hardly be the Swiss Family Robinson, rustic adventure. We have more gadgets than underwear.
• We got our Hep A shots this morning (see picture of Ella). We weren't even going to bother but then decided it was "better safe than sorry". Unfortunately, we left it too late to start the Hep B immunization. Since none of us plan on visiting any brothels, I think we'll be okay. And if any blood is exchanged, it will most likely be with a crocodile or shark, in which case, Hep B will be the least of our concerns.
• I think the dog (Francis) is getting suspicious that we are about to abondon him, following me around the house and eyeing our suitcases with suspicion. Luckily, he'll be in great hands with our house-sitter Barbara and her golden doodle, Ramen.


I think we've done a great job planning but there's always the unplanned events that catch you by surprise. This week alone we've been hit with a plumbing leak and a brokedown vehicle. Hopefully, nothing else will break down before we leave!

Next post: Arrival in Playa Grande.

Hasta Luego!

Dan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb