Our Grande Adventure Begins!


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Playa Grande


It all seems a bit unreal. What began as a feverish discussion between Cheryl and I (who were both hit hard with the flu on Christmas 2010) has suddenly come to pass. Well not so suddenly; there was lots of web-based research and book reading, a "scouting" holiday last march that almost took us to the wrong San Jose (some scout I turned out ot be!), lots of discussions with the kids, visits to Costa Rican schools, talking to expats online, renting and then backing out of a house rental deal when things turned sour, etc, etc.

In the meantime, my new solar business was going down the tubes, I found then quit my new job and we were still forging ahead with plans for a major life adventure without even knowing how we were going to pay for it all. But things have a way of working out and I'd like to think that is due to the steadfast confidence we held that they would, in spite of many signs to the contrary. If I have a little more grey in my beard, well, I'm not surprised.

So here we are. House rented in Playa Grande, Charlie and Ella enrolled in the Home School Beach Academy , house and dog sitter (friend Barbara) confirmed, passports renewed and most importantly - tickets booked for the CORRECT San Jose this time! Let's just hope we rented a house in the right Playa Grande ;- )

If you want to follow our adventures, please subscribe to this blog or check back from time to time.

Advertisement



2nd February 2012

Amazing
Is the word for you's!!! Just going with the flow .........learning,experiencing ,Living!!! and each and everyone of you look naturally happy :) Kudos for living your Dream ~~~

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb