Playa Hermosa and Playa Coco


Advertisement
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a few days in Liberia, we left well rested although a bit dusty from the high winds and general dryness of the area. We headed to Playa Hermosa, just a short drive away. Playa Hermosa is a small town - really just an intersection right next to the beach. There are about 8-10 hotels, and about 5 restaurant/bars. The beach is about 2km long and with very soft, fine sand and palm trees lining the beach. We spent our first day walking up and down along the water, people watching and catching the sunset. In the evening the stars were brillant and we could hear the sound of the ocean at our little hotel.

The next day, we decided to check out the neighboring beach - Playa Coco. Its a bigger town - the main drag is full of shops, vendors, and restaurants. The beach is named after its coco brown sands, but was nowhere near as pretty as Playa Hermosa. We weren´t even tempted to go in the water. We spent the afternoon stolling the street and doing a little shopping.

We spent our mornings enjoying coffee on the beach and our afternoons playing in the waves like kids and lounging about. We shifted into the beach lifestyle very quickly!!! We had some nice meals, and Edward had some tasty seafood. Definately one of the most relaxing weeks we have had!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Scarlet MacawScarlet Macaw
Scarlet Macaw

At rest cafe


18th January 2010

OK, with our temps way down, those beaches are surely inviting. Nice seeing all of the sights along with you. Happy Trails!!!!!!!!
21st January 2010

Stress relief
What a stress-free enjoyable couple of days- you two seem to have no trouble slipping into a slower lifestyle- more power to you. Enjoy! Can't wait to see where you wind up after these two beaches. Really enjoying the photos also.
22nd January 2010

Take me Along
I'm ready to pack a bag and head south (I know you have to go east also). We're having lots of rain, and may even see snow on the mountains behind our house one of these days. The beaches look WONDERFUL!

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb