Grand Cayman - 2012 Day 2 and 3


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The CrewThe CrewThe Crew

Ready to go out on the boat

Day 2



We got up this morning, cooked breakfast, got dressed to go play on the beach at Rum Point before going out to swim with the Stingrays. We ate lunch then went on the boat to swim with the Stingrays. The North Sound is where fishermen cleaned their catch coming back in from fishing, and dumped the culls. Stingrays caught on quickly and about 40 years ago, a guy thought he could get them to come and play with 'visitors' and the rest is history. The stingrays are very docile and you can hold them as well as feed them. Everyone had a great time.

After that, we were all tired, and went home, showered, and went to the Lighthouse for supper. We had conch chowder, seafood, and went home for a great nights rest.

Day 3



Today was the day we head for the West end of the Island, to swim with the dolphins and visit the turtle farm.

Sunshine takes a lot of energy out of you. Austin, Granny and Grandpa watched the others swim, get pushed, pet and have fun with the dolphins.

Back home, we got cleaned up, sat on
Helen.Helen.Helen.

Underwater shot of one of the Stingrays
the deck, enjoyed the great view, visited, and cooked some hamburgers for supper. Cleaned up, and turned in to be ready for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day of encouragement. That is the day we go and 'encourage' the Georgetown economy. More on that tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The LighthouseThe Lighthouse
The Lighthouse

Of course else what would a restaurant have for a decoration on the table.
Waiting for CappyWaiting for Cappy
Waiting for Cappy

Getting some instructions and waiting for Cappy to do another trick with someone.


Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb