2013 Christmas Eastern Caribbean Cruise


Advertisement
Published: December 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 (A Day At Sea)

Exciting stuff today. We were able to sleep in some this morning, except for me, I was up at 5:00 am. All our activities for the day will be on the ship.

After a late breakfast in the Symphony Dining Room, Michael and I joined the trivia contest they had in the Vista Lounge. Couple of the trivia questions asked was “how many sides are there on a banana? Or what was Mickey Mouse’s name going to be before his name was Mickey?

During the trivia game, Cindy was getting her done for our formal dinner this evening. Jenny was checking the Internet

Cindy and joined late the specialty cooking showcase. They were demonstrating how they prepare some of the day’s specials. Even though we arrived late, we were still able to sneak some samples. We both tried the shrimp on a bed of rice with some awesome tasting sauce. (sorry I don’t recall the favoring).

At 11:00 am Cindy and I attended and Art at Sea presentation, “30,000 Years of Art History.” This presentation was well done and it was nice learning that some of the oldest art forms started in Africa. We also learned about the various art periods throughout the world of art. Upon leaving we received a small reprint from an artist named David Najar. The painting was produced in 2013 and is of a fence line with beautiful flowers and blue sky with puffy clouds. A little about David Najar. He is an emerging international artist. His works are oils and acrylic on canvas. His works present energetic movements of color and shapes, producing scenes of nature.

Michael worked out this morning up until lunch. Jenny and Cindy’s Dad played Bingo. No winnings, just really fun for them.

After eating lunch in the Horizon’s Café, Cindy and I attended the live champagne art auction in the Vista Lounge. Although we did not bid on any art work this time, it gave us an opportunity to see what available and possible purchase towards the end of the cruise.

Following the art auction, Cindy and Michael joined the passenger feud gameshow in the Princess Live theatre. Todd joined later in the game. The gameshow consisted of reviewing pictures of various cities around the world and then writing them down on the piece of paper they gave you. As a team, we did very well. We missed a few cities we have not visited.

Jennifer had a hair appointment at 2:45 pm so she was unable to join us for the trivia game. Cindy and Michael participated in the second trivia section, Todd joined later. I was able to contribute some, but not much. Michael made a comment that this trivia session was much harder than the morning session.

This evening was formal night, so everyone in our family dressed up, good stuff. The boy’s wore tuxedo’s and the girls formal dresses. We all looked so awesome. After our nightly drinks, Cindy, Jennifer, Michael and I joined a champagne fountains show. We were the first family up and were able to pose with the Maitre de. Michael decided when he was on the stand for pouring champagne and posing for a picture, that we do a selfie with the Maitre de, this was classic. Following the champagne event Cindy’s Mom and Dad, Cindy, the kids and I made our way over to one of the many picture taking sessions. The setting we decided on was two Christmas tree in the back of us along with presents under the tree. They took several photos; couples, kids, and a group photo. One of the photos we were holding presents. I can’t wait to see the final product. They will be available Wednesday evening.

Dinner this evening was great as always. I am going to share my meal, I wrote it down, however I don’t have the specifics this blog, I forgot write the details down.

Snapper Mojita (this was rare snapper) this is the first time I had raw fish. It was awesome.

Pina Coloda soup (cold soup)

Prime Rib

Dessert: flourless chocolate cake

I know everyone enjoyed this meal tonight. I know one thing is for sure, we are eating a ton of rolls/bread. Good heavens, I am going to gain a ton of wait.

After dinner, Jennifer and I (Michael later) went on the 17th floor deck to do crazy things in front of the Bridge Cam. Jennifer’s friend was suppose to be watching us at 10:00 pm since you are able to see the bridge cams from Princess website. I added a photo that Michael and Cindy had taken on from our TV.

Cindy and decided to go to the 10:30 pm show. The show this evening was “Colors of the World.” This show demonstrated that even though we come from various cultures and countries, music is common among all of us. The show was performed by the Royal Princess Singers and Dancers.

It was nice having a nice relaxing, at your pace, day. The next two days will be busy visit different ports. Wednesday we are visiting St. Thomas and Thursday, St. Maarten.



Stay tuned for my next blog sharing with you our adventures in St. Thomas.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb