Cane Garden Bay


Advertisement
Published: November 12th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Cane Garden BayCane Garden BayCane Garden Bay

Sunset from our balcony at the Lighthouse
We finally made our trip to the British Virgin Islands after an 18 month delay due to COVID travel restrictions. Sandy and I have enjoyed a relaxing week at the Lighthouse, a small boutique hotel, a short 5 minute stroll to the beach at Cane Garden Bay, reportedly the best beach on Tortola, BVI. Our balcony looks west affording spectacular sunsets.

The beach is sparsely populated most of the time. When a cruise ship docks in Road Town the beach is a little busier catering to the cruise patrons who elect to visit the beach. Sandy gets great pleasure watching the overweight beach goers being knocked over by the surf and unable to gain their feet.

The yacht charters have also provided amble spectator sport as they tie up to one of the numerous mooring balls in the bay.

There are several great restaurants in Cane garden Bay or a short taxi ride. Lionel, our taxi driver recommended Bananakeet restaurant. Rack of lamb, washed down with a Chianti and followed by a raspberry cheesecake was excellent. We went to the restaurant to enjoy the spectacular sunsets, but unfortunately this particular evening, it was just clouds.

The 400
Cane Garden BayCane Garden BayCane Garden Bay

We had the beach to ourselves
year old rum distillery is as I remember it from 20 years ago. We took the tour and thimble-sized tasters and I ended up buying the "Panty-dropper" blend and Sandy the "boxer-dropper".

On Sunday we join up with Adrienne and another couple from Canada and embark on a Sunsail yacht to sail around the islands that constitute the BVI.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Rum DistilleryRum Distillery
Rum Distillery

The same as I remember from 20 yrs ago


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb