Belize 2015 - Day 2


Advertisement
Published: February 3rd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was a quiet day, one more day to shake the jet lag, and adjust to the heat and humidity. We drove to Splash Dive Shop today and set up our first dive trip for tomorrow, 2 tank boat dive, lunch and a snorkeling out on the Barrier Reef. We are all looking forward to the trip, me with trepidation because I don't like boats and our trip will start with a 40 - 60 minute boat ride to the reef. I've already started eating ginger pills to ward of sea sickness. I hope they work not only for my sake but for everyone else on the boat.

We did do a little snorkeling today on our way back from the dive shop as it was hot and there is no air conditioning in the vehicle we are using. Jim hung his mask and snorkel and his t-shirt on a piece of bark on a palm tree then walked off and left the mask and snorkel hanging there. We came home, ate some lunch, lounged by the pool and then decided to pack our gear up for tomorrow when he realized his mask was missing. He remembered where he had
Sunset Sunset Sunset

Taken from the roof of our condo complex across the roofs of the other buildings in the complex.
left it, but was sure it wouldn't still be there. Lo and behold, we pulled into the lot we had parked in before and the mask and snorkel were still hanging in the same place. There has to be a 100 people who walk up and down that beach every day selling Mayan trinkets and crafts, he was lucky to get it back.

At sunset we went up to the palapa on the roof to see if we could catch some pictures of the sunset, but the clouds piled up about the same time the sun was going down, so the pictures aren't what we had hoped. We ate lunch at a great restaurant in town call Mojo's, and as we were finishing the hostess seated a couple at the table next to us. I noted the ASU Sun Devil on his cap and asked if they were from Arizona. They were not from Arizona, but were actually from Battle Lake, Minnesota, and live only 20 miles from the house we just purchased on Lightening Lake in Wendell, MN! It is such a small world.

That's all for today...............


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th February 2015
Waterway to the Lagoon.

Belize
Life is grand. Eager to read more.

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb