Belize - San Somewhere


Advertisement
Published: August 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi all (we are back in Engilish speaking country)

Just a quick post to let you all know that we are alive and well. Internet in Guatamala was dodgy at best. We have had a really great time though when able we will get some photos up.

After terry winging and whining for a couple of days (after mearly losing about 90% of his bodily fluids into the local sewage system) we made it through to Antigua, A beautiful city that it would be very easy to fall in love with, far more art, culture, etc. Stumbled up the volcano which was strangely reminimcent of the ones at home although larger. The multiple museum complex is a must for any vistor.

We made the long drive through to flores, a bit strange driving past the army check points in the dark, they lit fires in the middle of the road to show where they were, i guess they are saving on torch batteries.

Went to Tikal, very sparsely attended, (woohooo) lots of wildlife including howler monkeys, spider monkeys, toucans, etc. There was supposably a crocodile that comes to they guide when he claps his hands, but to our dissapointment he continued the tour with both hands. The site very impressive and vast, and as always only a fraction has beeen excavated. Felt very safe on this road as we were outnumbered by the army/police patrols.

The island of flores is small and full of bars and food places, good for a swim or boat ride.

Crossed the border into Belize, easy process, (past the "Welcome to Prince Harry" sign at the border. Went caving yesterday, a few scrapes but a good day squirming through small openings into multiple chambers, lots of archeology in the caves, lots of beautiful formations, all followed by a swim in a pool in a local river.

Heading this morning to Caye Caulker, probably wont be another post until Mexico

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb