San Ignacio


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This is two days in one since yesterday both Dave and I were sick. It seems we ate a bad apple in Tikal. We postponed our trip to ATM until today. Luckily Pacz let us change dates a 7AM the day of the trip when we called from our hotel. We both went back to sleep until checkout time then packed up to move to our next hotel. We had a three hour wait until we could check into our next hotel, Martha's Hotel so we went around the corner and did our laundry. When we finally got into our room we went right back to bed. We had dinner later at the hotel restaurant, then went back to bed.



This morning we made it to the ATM caves. This was really fun. We had to squeeze between some pretty tight rocks and swim in some cold water but it was worth it to see the cave. During part of the trip back through the cave the guide had us turn off our headlamps and we walked a ways in complete darkness in a chain led by the guide. They no longer allow cameras on the tour since someone dropped their camera on an artifact and damaged it so there aren't too many pictures today. After the trip we went back to our hotel and moved to the penthouse. The room we stayed in last night was booked for tonight and since we didn't make advanced reservations we had a choice between two un-air conditioned rooms we picked the one at the top so we could get the evening breeze. The room has a huge deck with bench seats and a hammock. We went to dinner at Ko Ox Han Nah both of our meals were good. I had the lamb curry and Dave had a quesidilla. We got back to our room early and decided to head to Caye Caulker a day early. We found a place online and booked it. We made plans to share a shuttle back to the marine terminal with another couple in our hotel so the cost would go down. Now it's off to bed early again but hey it's our vacation and we are tired.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th May 2012

the penthouse
looks like a place your dad and i would like to stay.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb