Separate Ways


Advertisement
Published: December 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Oh boy what a day... At 1:30 in the morning Liz and Amanda got back from the club and wanted to hang out, a bit drunk. Then at 2, 3, and 4 Matt other roomate and Justin strolled in drunk. So after little sleep I woke them up at 6;45 so we could catch the morning boat back to Belize City. Justin jumped off his bunk and wiped out hard smashing a fan and Matt staggered out of bed. We barely made the feary, I had to run back and forth so it wouldn't leave without us because Matt thought he would see the boat from the hostel and was talking to fellow guests. We met James and Jeff at the bus station and decided to go to San Ignacio for a day. We arrived in San Ignacio around noon and checked into a guest house. Justin won the bed toss so he got his own bed; that is all I will say about that. We walked up to the ruins but there was a fee to get in so we went back into town and wandered through the shops. At one shop there were cave tours people could do and after a long spiel from the salesman, the Frasers all managed to get tickets for 65 us dollars each. They will go on the tour tomorrow while Justin and I head to Flores. Everyone was pretty tired so Matt went strait to bed and the rest of us got a free drink at the bar before following his lead. I'm starting to feel like an alcoholic but it's ok because I'm on vacation. The caves that James, Matt, and Jeff were heading to were called the ATM caves and they would hike through the jungle for a time before heading on a tough cave tour. The water was up to their necks at some points and ankles at others. The cool trek led them to some sacrificial caverns with skeletons of long dead Mayan people. 

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb