Sailing Trip


Advertisement
Published: September 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dana and I next wanted to go to Southern Belize to Placencia and to get there we got on the Regga-King Sail boat and took a 3 day trip through the Belizean keys. At night we camped on islands smaller than my condo with only palm trees. Our captain was also an amazing cook and would make us whatever we caught that day. Dana was a good provider and caught the biggest barracuda! Another guy caught a barracuda and as he reeled it in a shark bit off the back half of it! Waste not so we still ate the rest of it for dinner. We made frequent snorkeling stops with our wildlife specialist as our guide educating us on the names and mating patterns of various sea life. I was alone in an area of poor visibility and got scared as I saw this huge shape coming towards me. It moved really slowly though and soon manifested into a huge Manatee/sea cow! The food was amazing and the rum was endless. We also had great company with our fellow sailors from Quebec.

Placencia was stormy and we were unable to do the diving we had planned.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb