Final entry Caye Caulker


Advertisement
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last day and night here. Very lazy morning spent blogging, watching TV and packing. Very windy and overcast...cold front moving through so good day to chill....ha..get it...cold front...chill!!! Checked weather channel for possible...hopeful...flights delays...none damn it. Did shopping in the craft stalls along the beach. Brunch at Caye Caulker Pizza. Talked with the owner and gave him suggestions for white conch pizza with or without bacon. Also told him that a friend of ours with celiac disease was able to eat his pizza with no side effects. He said he'd tried many combinations of water and different flours before finding right combination for his pizza crust. He has no definite answer to why his crust can be tolerated by those sensitive to gluten. His theory is that the water he has to use is bottled filtered water, works well with a certain flour and yeast and that combination is good for folks with celiac disease. Water in NYC or elsewhere is different so would work well with a different flour and yeast. Just a theory so who knows for sure.

Had great chat with other hotel guests who were from Canada, sitting under the palapa roof outside the bar during happy hour rain storm, discussing health care and politics. Everyone stayed logical and great points put forth by all. Fred and I donned our jackets and walked to Rainbow Grill for our last supper. He had jerk shrimp and I had shrimp kabob....so good. I think Rainbow Grill is tops on our Caye Caulker restaurant list for lunch and dinner. Will catch up on weather and news before having final cocktails at Una Mas Bar.


CHEERS Y'ALL!!!!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb