Day 18, 19 & 20


Advertisement
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well I hope I´m not boring you all at this stage with my updates! This part of the trip is just so action packed as we´re moving every two days. Can´t see myself being as organised and as busy when I´m going solo.

We´re finally moving country! Have really liked Mexico. As you can tell its a country with so many varying activities to do. The whole day to get to Belize was bit of an eventful day. No hassles at the border but the first bus was late so it meant that we missed the next bus and therefore the last ferry to the island Caye Caulker. We had to order a private bus and boat. Lets just say crossing over in the dark in an open boat was an experience!

Was all worth it though as the island is cool - so stereotypically Carribean. Really chilled out man. Its funny that primarily the people aren´t Latino. Most of them are of African descent so their much taller than the little Latinos and there are lots of dreadlocks to be seen! Bob Marley look alikes! To say that the locals are friendly is a bit of an understatement! They all speak English in Belize though so at least we can understand them!

Went snorkelling the following day, which was the best snorkelling I´ve done so far. Saw loads of different types of coral, fish obviously and also a turtle. The big moment though was swimming with sting rays! It was amazing - I even got to hold one! I´m sooo surprised at how gentle they are despite their size and that they let you rub them with your feet. Definite highlight of the holiday to date.

Out on the town that night - rum is the drink of the locals here and is pretty cheap. Such a cool island so we did a pub crawl and ended up meeting lots of other tourists. Ended up getting the local mode of transport around - a golf buggy - and had a campfire by the water. Cool night, but was pretty tired on our trip to San Ignacio which was pretty long and on a very local bus! We survived though and looking forward to what is expected to be an amazing day again. Loving this part of the trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb