Another day in paradise


Advertisement
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bye Jack!Bye Jack!Bye Jack!

Last morning, just enjoying the view
While terribly sad to leave Guatemala, being bathed in sunshine on a gorgeous Caribbean island has helped to ease the pain somewhat. Yesterday was a busy day, starting with probably the best massage I've ever had from Eva, at "Healing Hands". Lucy and I booked flights to Placencia, then we went snorkelling for the afternoon.

The snorkelling was stunning. It was only about 5/10 minutes in a small boat out to the reef with Mario as our guide. He was quite a character - a little man about my height, but about three times my girth. No need for a flotation device for him, he joked. In the boat we had a gorgeous view looking back to Caye Caulker. Sadly you'll have to just imagine it, as I was a bit worried about the camera getting wet so didn't take it with me.

The boat took us out to a Marine Reserve, where we snorkelled in three different spots. We saw beautiful coral, lots of sting rays, a green moray eel, a very ugly barracuda and gorgeous tropical fish of every colour - electric blue and yellow, zebra striped, yellow, pink, white......So fantastic. We were in the water for nearly two hours in total. The water itself is a brilliant turquoise and the sand white as white, with fantastic visibility, so it was a really lovely thing to do for the afternoon. Lucy and I have the bug now, and are keen to go again down south.

Sadly for us Jack leaves us today to return to the British Virgin Islands. Only now does he mention that we are welcome to come and stay with him in his large house with private cabanas by the pool complete with maid. Sounds very tempting, and I do have more annual leave available, but I don't think I would be very popular! A good excuse to come back this way though. Lucy and I heading south. More paradise to discover.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The final supperThe final supper
The final supper

Lucy enjoys her last lunch in Caye Caulker
Bright muralsBright murals
Bright murals

More of what we saw in Livingston. Maybe it\'s a Garifuna thing?
Great thinkingGreat thinking
Great thinking

We loved the swings in the bars. It was all sooooooo relaxing.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb