Jolly Harbour Antigua


Advertisement
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

alan still workingalan still workingalan still working

Alan has had a pain in his arm, we think it is gout, but much better today
Hello, I have to say again, because I just typed all this and somehow lost it! Arriving back in Jolly Harbour this time has been so different. I think I love Delroy because the boat is amazing! It is clean, polished, and good. Still lots to do, but it has made such a difference. Even the stainless steel has been cleaned. We have put up the bimini and spray hood and Alan has replaced the alternator, and checked generator, engine etc etc. Cannot believe so much has been acheived in one day.
When we arrived last night we were really tired but managed the basic stuff , like huge rum punches at the sit up bar, and got up early this morning to put the genoa back on, really glad we did, it has blown ever since but the wind is due to go down. It is still pretty christmassy here, thanks all of you, what lovely thoughtful friends we have. ( and brothers and sisters too!) . We went out for a drink tonight then home for dinner. Met quite af ew people already, and looking forward tomorrow to going to falmouth and anchoring off.

Generator working and engine, next to put the outboard on dingy and set off int he morning. I was so tired yesterday I think I was on autopilot. Still never mind, always catch up with sleep in the end. I am more relaxed about sleeping these days, spend so much time not doing it...
We will spend new years in falmouth, have booked a able at trappas will be good I am sure.
Ps don't like tosay this, but the sea is beautiful, blue, blue, blue and the lush palm trees and grass ,,,i love the feel of the air, which is warm and wet. sorry....

Jolly Harbour is a marina and village development on the east side of Antigua, it is very clean and white. There is a gated entry to the houses, golf course and casino. At one end there is a beautiful white sand beach and bar, castaways, really lovely. The marina has a boardwalk all the way round and there is loads of room between boats. The staff are very helpful and kind, they have been great. The restaurants are a bit pricey but there is a very nice bar on the waters edge, overlooking the marina.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb