The great wall - Aziza and the chickens


Advertisement
Asia
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This part of the wall is not frequently visited and the route to it was not easy to find. On the way to the camp Aziza drove through the wall ( via a gap for the track). I named the camp Aziza and the chickens (see photo). This part of the wall is very different from the reconstructed section where we camped yesterday. It is the remnants, crumbling to dust over the years. I was able to climb up and walkalong the top for one short section, but most of it was too narrow or fallingapart. It was not on the tourist track at all, but I made an interesting discovery by walking about three miles along the wall. There was a collection of buildings which turned out to be a reconstructed tower, two walls of a small garrison or fort and a small village. Near the watch tower there was also a large collection of standing stones - a mystery why they were there. I had it all to myself to explore. Another feature of the walk was the variety of insect life, with more types of cricket thanI you might expect. Again we were sent to our tents after a couple of games of Mah Jong by the bugs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb