Testowy wpis


Advertisement
Asia
October 13th 2011
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

lokomotywalokomotywalokomotywa

to jest lokomotywa
to jest testowy wpis dsfgsdgsdg sdgh dfgdfg dfjhgdfh dfjh djhdfh dfh fgdjh fdgh fd fjhg dh dfh dfgh dfgjh dfgh dgh dfg dfh Avoid the official exchange counters, which undercut black-market rates substantially (by more than 50%). In fact, the official exchanger at the Yangon airport told us to go outside for better rates.

You will be asked to ‘change money’ many times on your trip. Technically, the only reasonable way to buy kyat is through the ‘black market’ – meaning from shops, hotels, travel agents, restaurants or less reliable guys on the street. You can change US dollars or euros in Yangon, but generally only US dollars elsewhere.

The $100 bill gets a slightly better exchange rate than a $50 or $20, and so on. And supposedly the exchange rate is marginally better early in the week (Monday or Tuesday). We’ve also been told that exchange rates sometimes fluctuate with poppy season too!

It’s safest to change money in hotels or shops, rather than on the street. The moneychangers standing around just east of the Mahabandoola Garden in Yangon have a reputation for short-changing new arrivals for several thousand kyat.

Never hand over your money until
kamienie sdsdf sdgkamienie sdsdf sdgkamienie sdsdf sdg

Avoid the official exchange counters, which undercut black-market rates substantially (by more than 50%). In fact, the official exchanger at the Yangon airport told us to go outside for better rates. You will be asked to ‘change money’ many times on your trip. Technically, the only reasonable way to buy kyat is through the ‘black market’ – meaning from shops, hotels, travel agents, restaurants or less reliable guys on the street. You can change US dollars or euros in Yangon, but generally only US dollars elsewhere.
you’ve received the kyat and counted them. Honest moneychangers will expect you do this. Considering that K1000 is the highest denomination (roughly $0.90), you’ll get a lot of notes. Moneychangers give ready-made, rubber-banded stacks of a hundred K1000 bills. It’s a good idea to check each note individually. Often you’ll find one or two (or more) with a cut corner or taped together, neither of which anyone will accept. We heard from some travellers that Yangon moneychangers have asked for a ‘commission’.

Many travellers do the bulk of their exchanging in Yangon, where you can get about K100 more per dollar than elsewhere, then carry the stacks of kyat for a couple of weeks around the country. Considering the relative safety from theft, it’s not a bad idea, but you can exchange money elsewhere.

Also, when paying for rooms and services in US dollars, check your change carefully. Locals like to unload slightly torn $5 bills that work fine in New York, but will be meaningless for the rest of your trip.


Advertisement



13th October 2011

rtrt
er
13th October 2011

ddd
dddd
13th October 2011

ladny blog
to jest bardzo ladny blog

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb