Amed


Advertisement
Asia
October 11th 2011
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The boat from the island to Amed was insane. The waves pushed it around like a little toy, at times I thought we weren’t going to make it. Tristan’s window wouldn’t close so with every crashing wave he got soaked. After the 2 hour journey (which was supposed to be an hour fifteen) we arrived on the volcanic sand beach. A bunch of transit guys rushed at us asking where we were going. We talked a guy into taking us to Titi Sedana homestay for 20,000 IDR. He stopped and said, “okay many hotel here, you can go find” and we said “no, we have reservations at Titi’s.. take us there” and he said “ I don’t know Titi, I think up there, you walk.” We argued with him saying we weren’t going to pay him to drop us off here, and he shouldn’t have agreed to take us if he didn’t know where it was. He drove the 100 meters up hill and we arrived at Titi’s. A person from another hotel came out to take our bags, and we said Titi’s? and he said “oh..” and Titi’s staff came out and greeted us. What a hassle! We arrived and were brought up to our gorgeous bungalow with the most spectacular ocean view. Finding transport to anywhere in Bali is difficult. There aren’t a lot of companies that take you from A to B for cheap prices, it seems like you have to hire a private car. After Amed we want to go to Lovina (about 2.5-3hrs from here). We looked online, called around but it seems the only way is to hire a car. One company quoted us 500,000 IDR ($55), another said 450,000 IDR (50$), and we are going for 250,000 IDR ($27). Hopefully its not the same experience as our peddle bikes on the island!




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Amed beach Amed beach
Amed beach

volcanic sand
Full MoonFull Moon
Full Moon

from our balcony
moonlight on the oceanmoonlight on the ocean
moonlight on the ocean

view from our balcony


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb