Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tris has a reason to hate Bangkok again. He started taking Cipro in hopes to kick the strept throat, but his throat was getting worse, and fever as well. We took him to the hospital and they kept him overnight. They put him on IV and gave him antibiotics. I decided to spend the extra money and put him in a semi private room. He was paired with a man that has lung cancer. He was on his 2nd day of chemo. He was very kind and talkative, and his wife was very sweet. Anyway, Tris is on the mend and back to his normal self. When he was put on the right antibiotic his throat started feeling better, and his fever broke. He checked out the next day and was good as new.

The first day in Bangkok, Mom and I walked around Koh San Rd. The 2nd day, while Tris was in the hospital we shopped at MBK Mall, then went back to visit him in the evening. The third day we jumped in a tuk tuk and visited some temples. And on our last day in Bangkok we visited a couple more temples and the Grand Palace. Our evvening plans were to go to a fancy restaurant with really good reviews online then to the Calypso Cabert show. When we got in a cab we got told 'traffic jam' as we seem to always get told. This time, they weren't lying! After an hour and a bit and still not arriving at the restaurant, and time running out till when we had to be at the show, we asked the taxi to just take us to the Cabert Show. 2 1/2 hours, 22km later we made it JUST IN TIME. The show was funny, but we all expected more lady boys. We finished the night off with a bite to eat at McDonalds.

Its back to Malaysia tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Reclining BuddhaReclining Buddha
Reclining Buddha

students who were doing an english project


Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.125s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb