Phuket - Island Tour


Advertisement
Asia
September 2nd 2011
Published: September 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We were really impressed with the tour company Amazing Canoes. They picked us up on time from our hotel and had everything organized once we arrived at their tour agency. We were put into different groups and driven down the pier to our cruiser. On board we sailed off to James Bond Island. The amount of people there was ridiculous, but all in all it was pretty cool. I bought some pearl earrings for 50 baht. Next on the trip was to a swimming spot. We jumped from the 2nd level. We met up with some other Amazing Canoe boats for lunch. The buffet was really tasty and exceeded our expectations. After lunch we got to go in a canoe and taken around a cove. The height of the rocks bolting out of the water is surreal. The divots that create from the waves crashing up on the rocks continuously give a really interesting look. We got back on the big boat and headed towards another spot to go canoeing. This time we got taken through a bat cave. There must have been a thousand bats. It smelled pretty bad in parts. The last stop was to swim one more time before returning to Phuket. On the way back the ‘lady boys’ came out to dance. Some of the canoe paddlers dressed up as girls and put on a funny little show.
We’ve been on quite a few tours now and it was nice that this one was really informative. They were very organized, the food was really good and lots of it, they entertained the whole trip.
Off to Koh Phi Phi tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

James bond islandJames bond island
James bond island

Way to touristy


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb