bagshu


Advertisement
Asia
June 13th 2010
Published: June 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

we seem to have got very lazy. we have hardly done anything. i did one yoga class. strolled to the next village up the hill, which is very pretty and strolled down to the next town down the road. visited the local temples, one of which has a "cave" which is a surreal tunnel kind of dark and spooky with small altars for the gods placed stragetically around. a bit like something you might find at alton towers or disneyland.

the other temple has a "natural snake!" as a family excitedly pointed out to me. it is a rock formed a bit like a wound up snake with it's head rising. i was encouraged to touch it for good luck. anything can be sacred here.

we are wondering if the laziness can be related to the altitude. i've just checked wikipedia (the lonely planet not being to hand) and apparantly dharamsala is on average 4700ft above sea level. snowdon in wales is only around 3500ft! i am very impressed.

anyway, we are ready once again to move on, and are getting increasingly stuck for transport options not involving mammoth bus journeys. so mammoth bus journey it finally is. we leave tonight at 8pm and arrive in manali around 8 in the morning i beleive. wish me luck.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb